Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Quilt For A Friend








An old school friend of mine has asked me to make a quilt for her sister who is having her first child in March.
It has been a really difficult pregnancy full of tears, fears and courage. This beautiful baby girl has fought hard. Cant wait to see the pictures!
I was given a baby blanket in apple green to match fabrics to, and was told that pink would be the best colour to coordinate with it. You all know that I just love fabric but selecting for someone else is a big responsibly, I hope I have chosen well.
Anyway I have designed the quilt using a foundation paper technique first creating a design on tracing paper, then transferring that to foundation fabric creating approx 25 squares. Then it's about putting the different fabric together to great the patchwork squares!
That's where I am up to so far! I have only completed four so far! So back to the machine and the rotary cutter there is a long way to go.
Update you later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this Vic, thank you so much. My mum says it looks lovely. Jo is actually having her baby on the 24th. I probably should have mentioned this a week ago.

Take Care.